Election Info 2010-2011 Board
Elections for the 2010-2011 will be held on October 11th, 2010 at the MNA General Meeting which starts at 7:30pm at the Montavilla United Methodist Church 232 Southeast 80th Ave.
Below are the descriptions of board positions. If you would like to get involved and run for one of the board positions please contact Brian Wong wong.brian57 “at” yahoo.com. Click here to see the current board.
Duties of Board Members (taken from the Bylaws):
1. Manage the daily affairs of the MNA.
2. Make decisions and represent the interests of the MNA on all matters for which it is impractical to present to the membership in advance. All such actions shall be reported to the membership at the next regular meeting.
3. Appoint committees to perform necessary functions and represent the MNA on specified topics.
4. Establish a plan for maintaining and encouraging involvement in the MNA.
5. The Board will be responsible for all business coming before the MNA and for assuring that members are informed of business that affects them through reasonable means of notification.
6. The Board has the responsibility if acting in the best interests of the neighborhood, but is not specifically bound to act according to the desires of the majority of members attending a particular meeting.
Duties of Board Officers:
- Chair – The Chairperson shall be the chief executive officer of the MNA and shall officially represent MNA in all functions. They shall:
1. Preside at all General and Board meetings.
2. Perform such duties as the Board and the membership authorizes.
3. Cosign all checks disbursed by the MNA.
4. Represent the Board and the interests of the MNA.
5. Prepare and post an agenda on the website and internet listserv.
6. Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees.
7. Moderate discussions at MNA meetings to allow persons to respectfully voice relevant neighborhood concerns in a fair and transparent manner.
- Vice Chair – The Vice Chairperson shall support the Chairperson in all areas needed. The Vice Chairperson shall:
1. Perform the duties of the Chairperson in the Chairperson’s absence and as authorized by the bylaws or regulations of the Board.
2. Perform the duties of the Chairperson in the event of a vacancy in the office of Chairperson until a Chairperson is elected.
3. Record and maintain minutes in the absence of the Secretary.
4. Perform other duties as prescribed by the Board.
- Secretary – The Secretary shall be responsible for keeping the administrative records of MNA. The Secretary shall:
1. Record and maintain minutes of the General, Board, and Membership meetings.
2. Send copies of the meeting minutes to the neighborhood coalition (SEUL).
3. Assist the Chairperson with correspondence and maintain the non-financial files of the MNA.
4. Maintain a list of Board members and their terms.
5. Post meeting minutes on the MNA web sites and listserv within 2 weeks following the meeting.
6. Post the upcoming meeting agenda on the MNA website and listserv prior to any upcoming meeting in the absence of the Chairperson.
7. Perform other duties as prescribed by the Board.
- Treasurer – The Treasurer shall have charge of all funds belonging to the MNA. The Treasurer shall:
1. Receive deposits and deposit funds into the bank account.
2. Disburse funds of the MNA in a manner as designated by the Board.
3. Cosign all checks disbursed by the MNA.
4. Make financial reports at the General and Board meetings as directed by the Board.
5. Perform other duties as prescribed by the Board.
- Southeast Uplift Delegate – 2 YEAR TERM THIS POSITION IS NOT UP FOR RE-ELECTION UNTIL OCTOBER 2011
- Southeast Uplift Land Use Transportation Delegate- The SEUL LUTC Delegate shall represent MNA at all meetings of the Southeast Uplift Land Use and Transportation Committee for a term of one year. The Delegate shall also perform other duties as prescribed by the Board.
- Member –At-Large-A Member-At- Large shall serve as an ambassador of MNA. The Member shall:
1. Represent an issue of interest to the neighborhood.
2. Attend all Board and General meetings.
3. Perform other duties as prescribed by the Board.
- Outreach Chair – The Outreach Chairperson shall serve as a committee leader. The Outreach Chair will:
1. Attend all Board and General association meetings.
2. Organize regular committee meetings, as needed, and post the upcoming meeting agenda on the MNA website and listserv prior to the meeting date.
3. Address community interest from neighbors, businesses and collaborate with SEUL and other public and private stakeholders.
4. Present committee updates at Board and General membership meetings as needed.
5. Organize MNA tabling at events, creating flyers, finding spots for newsletter distribution, updating website, list serv, social media.
6. Perform other duties as prescribed by the Board.
- Sustainability Committee - This position works to find creative ways to reduce the carbon footprint of our neighborhood, with a focus on building a livable, dynamic, vibrant community that positively influences the current and future generations.
- Parks Committee - organizes and facilitates activities at parks , finds resources to improve our park structures and access. Encourage the use of common spaces by the community such as: city parks, community gardens, children’s play areas, street parades, and neighborhood block parties.